※ All charges shown above exclude tax
Asahi Net Email
- When you join Asahi Net, you are provided with one mail box with an Asahi Net Email address.
- The default email address is ******@asahinet.jp. The ***** part before the domain name can be changed to an email address of your choice consisting maximum 63 characters (half-width alphanumeric characters.)
- To check and/or change your email address, click here. (※ Asahi Net User ID and password are required.)
- There is no limit on the mailbox capacity and on the number of email messages you can receive. You will have no trouble receiving large data file attachments.
- Email Virus Check Service is also available to protect you from virus-infected emails.
- ※ This optional service can only be used as an additional to internet connection services. You cannot apply for this optional service by itself.
- ※ Characters that can be used for email address are lowercase alphabets and symbols limited to hyphen (-) and period (.) Email address may not start or end with a symbol, and symbols may not be used in a sequence, for example (--) or (..)
- ※ After you add or change your email address, it may take up to four hours before you can start using the address.
- In addition to the Asahi Net Email address, you may register and use an email address of your choice (MyMail.) (No additional charge required.)
- ※ You may register an email address of your choice consisting maximum 63 letters (half-width alphanumeric characters.) Characters that can be used for email address are lowercase alphabets and symbols limited to hyphen (-) and period (.)
Email address may not start or end with a symbol, and symbols may not be used in a sequence, for example (--), (..)
- ※ After you add or change your MyMail address, it may take up to four hours before you can start using the address.
Additional Mailbox Service
- A mailbox is provided for all of our Internet Connection Services. You may apply for one additional mailbox (Additional Mailbox Service) without extra charge. ※1 ※2
- ※1 A start-up charge of
200 yen (tax-excluded)
will be applied when registering an Additional Mailbox.
- ※2 For High-Speed Mobile (Xi & FOMA), a monthly charge of
200 yen (tax-excluded)
will be applied from the first Additional Mailbox.
Mail Services - Other Useful Optional Services
Virus check and spam filtering
|Email Virus Check Service
||An optional service that adds virus detection and extermination function to Asahi Net mailboxes.
||An optional service that filters out spam (unsolicited emails) before it reaches your Asahi Net mailbox.
Other optional services and functions
|Web Mail Service
||This service allows you to check and reply to emails sent to your Asahi Net mailboxes via a web browser (no extra charge.) All you need is an access to an internet connected computer, and you can check emails wherever you maybe.
|Reject E-mail Sent to Default Addresses Service
||This service allows you to reject unsolicited emails sent to your default Asahi Net Email addresses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the pages below for frequently asked questions about email.
FAQs: Email - Extended Functions (Japanese)
- ※ In case our mail server is overloaded receiving unusually large number of spam, etc., we may, as an urgent measure, temporarily limit receiving of emails in Asahi Net users’ mailboxes and restrict the use of Web Mail Services, even for those emails that are within the fixed storage period.