Internet fraud is evolving. How does it work and how can we prevent?
What is Internet Fraud (SCAM)?
Internet fraud is restlessly evolving to be even more countermeasure resistant.
Recently there has been an increase in the number of scams using email and postal mail that aim to unfairly charge for the use of services such as chargeable on-line content, "two-shot dial", meeting sites, etc.
To be on the safe side, when receiving such correspondence, please pay attention to the following points and act appropriately:
- Avoid making payments for inquiries you have no memory of
- Avoid revealing personal information to the source of the inquiry
- Do not reply to the email unless you are sure of its validity
For more information about email scams, please visit the following sites. Note that these sites are not produced by Asahi Net and therefore we can't be responsible for the information listed on them.
It is also important to contact enforcement authority if you experience any persistent cases involving physical and financial security threats.
Related ArticlesEducate yourself to understand dangers in cyber world. How should you be prepared?
- [Tip 1] What is Computer Virus? Points to countermeasure.
- [Tip 2] The number of SPAM and malicious emails are rising!
- [Tip 3] Internet fraud is evolving. How does it work and how can we prevent?
- [Tip 4] Online identity theft. How can we protect ourselves?
- [Tip 5] Your PC could be the next target! What happens when you are hacked and how to prevent it.