Access Counter: Copyright and Precautions
This access counter is based on WWW Homepage Access Counter (Release 2.3) created by Muhammad A Muquit.
The following is cited from its copyright.
Copyright 1995-2001 by Muhammad A Muquit. Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this program is hereby granted without fee, provided that this copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. If the source code of the program is modified or enhanced, the source code must be made public and it must be clearly mentioned in the documentation what was modified.
THIS PROGRAM IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR Muhammad A. Muquit BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTUOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
Note: This program is developed in my own time. My employer has nothing to do with it.
- Specifications may change without notice.
- Access counter may stop its provision temporarily or permanently due to circumstances.
- Access counter does not accurately show the number of times accessed to a page for its nature.
- Access counter runs by reading the http_referer sent from your browser.
Access counter may not work properly depending on the environment which cannot retrieve the information of http_referer (e.g., when a firewall is running).
- Access counter does not support browsers for cellphone (e.g., i-mode).
- Access counter is used by transmitting an HTML file with the access counter tag to the server.