What is AsahiNet docomo Hikari?
AsahiNet docomo Hikari is offered by NTT docomo and is a fiber-optic line service using the FLET’S Hikari lines of NTT East and NTT West. The Internet provider for the service is Asahi Net.
When making your application, please state you will use Asahi Net as your Internet provider.
Recommended for these types of user
1．Families using docomo
Docomo’s “Hikari Pack” is for those who have high data traffic volume needs. The higher the traffic volume, the larger the discount. This is suitable for families with several members who want to share the available traffic.
E.g. A maximum discount of 3000 yen is available to those who contract with Docomo for their “Hikari Share Pack 30” Docomo Hikari Pack. For details, visit this Docomo page.
2．Long-time users of docomo
Docomo’s “zutto docomo wari“ is a discount for those who have been with docomo for at least six years, and is recommended for those who intend to use docomo for even longer. *1
E.g. If you use Docomo for over 15 years and use their “Hikari Share Pack 30” you can receive a 2000 yen /month discount. For details, visit this Docomo page.
1Gbps high-speed Internet to your home
The service offers connection speeds of up to 1Gbps making it possible to comfortably handle large volume data. Whether you are a PC or smartphone user, you can enjoy AsahiNet docomo Hikari.
Bundled home Internet and smartphone for greater savings !
Docomo’s “docomo Hikari pack” bundles the home fiber-optic service (AsahiNet docomo Hikari) with NTT docomo’s smartphone service, offering discounts and great savings.
Docomo’s “docomo Hikari pack” bundles the family’s smartphones, home fiber-optic line and Internet provider (Asahi Net) at a discounted rate providing you with great savings. “docomo Hikari pack” can be used when the smartphone monthly charge is greater than 1000 yen (tax-excluded) .
AsahiNet docomo Hikari Usage Charges
These are the charges for “Type B” docomo Hikari that Asahi Net supports. For Hikari Pack charges, please visit the Web site linked below.
Monthly Usage Charges
|Docomo Hikari monthly charge||
- These are the Docomo Hikari charges for a 2 year fixed-term contract. Without the 2 year fixed-term contract the monthly charge will be higher; an extra 1500 yen for House, an extra 1,000 yen for Apartment. For details, please visit the NTT docomo Web page.
The steps to using the service
If you are currently using a FLET’S Hikari linearrow
If you are not currently using a FLET’S Hikari linearrow
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How may I apply for AsahiNet docomo Hikari?
- May I change to AsahiNet docomo Hikari from the Asahi Net Internet connection service I currently use?
- How may I pay AsahiNet docomo Hikari service charges?
- What procedures do I need to take at Asahi Net for the AsahiNet docomo Hikari service?
- Should I apply for AsahiNet docomo Hikari, will I be able to continue using my Asahi Net email address?
- Is it possible to change from the “Asahi Net au Hikari” service to “AsahiNet docomo Hikari”?
- I’m currently not using Asahi Net, I’m using another Internet provider. Is it possible to change my provider to Asahi Net when I make a docomo Hikari application?
Opening of the servicearrow
Recommended optional services
- Fixed IP Address
A global Fixed IP Address service, which can be used for building a server, etc. 800 yen per month.
- Voice SIM Card
A low-cost SIM. Lower your smartphone charges by 1/3 by switching to "ANSIM". Starting from 1600 yen per month.
- Virus Check
Virus detection and extermination. 200 yen per month per mailbox.
Docomo Hikari is a trademark or registered trademark of NTT Docomo, Inc.