Asahi Net Personal Information Protection Policy
Asahi Net, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") has established the following Personal Information Protection Policy to handle the personal information of our large number of customers both accurately and safely, recognizing that this is an important management task in providing a customer-oriented service. In addition, when providing telecommunications services, etc., we believe that the adequate protection of personal information is a social responsibility, thus have established the following Personal Information Protection Policy and shall continuously strive towards the proper handling of personal information.
- The Company shall handle the personal information of our customers only within the scope of the purpose of use and not for other purposes, unless prior consent has been obtained from the customer or unless otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations. Necessary measures will be taken for this purpose.
- The Company, upon handling of personal information (information with which a specific individual can be identified. The same shall apply hereinafter) vows to comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws and regulations relating to personal information protection, and to strictly comply with this Policy.
- The Company shall endeavor to keep personal data accurate and up-to-date within the scope of the purpose of use, and take necessary and appropriate measures to securely control personal information, and supervise employees and subcontractors.
- The Company shall deal quickly and appropriately and in accordance with laws and regulations, with inquiries or complaints received by the Company's representatives from customers regarding our handling of personal information, and with the disclosure, correction and deletion of the acquired personal information.
- The Company shall take all necessary corrective and preventive measures to safely manage personal information, and will strive to prevent unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration and leakage to or of personal information.
- The Company, for the purpose of proper handling of the personal information acquired, shall strive to continuously improve and strengthen its Personal Information Protection Management System, which shall include the reviewing of this Policy, by enforcing the appointment of a person in charge of administering personal information, the development of internal regulations, the education and supervision of employees, and the implementation of internal auditing.
This Policy shall be effective as of March 25, 2005.
The revised policy shall be effective as of May 1, 2015.
The revised policy shall be effective as of December 25, 2015.
Asahi Net, Inc.
President, Jiro Hijikata
Consultation desk for matters related to the handling of personal information:
Personal Information Protection Office
Telephone: 03-3541-3892 (10am to 6pm)
* This is a translation of the original Asahi Net Personal Information Protection Policy in Japanese. If there is any conflict between the original and the translation, the original shall prevail.
Asahi Net Inc., has received ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification for Information Security Management System (ISMS), an award that signifies our concerted efforts in dealing with information security. We will continue to take steps to ensure that those using our Internet connection services and related services may do so securely and with peace of mind.
|Date obtained||December 13, 2013|
ISO/IEC 27001：2013 Certification
Asahi Net Inc., has received ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification for Information Security Management System (ISMS).
|Certification obtained||ISO/IEC 27001:2013
JIS Q 27001:2014
|Accreditation body||UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service)
JIPDEC (Japan Information Processing Development Corporation)
|Registration date||August 6, 2010|
|Revision date||June 29, 2018|
|Certification body||JQA (Japan Quality Assurance Organization)|
Internet Connection Service Safety & Security
Asahi Net Inc., has passed the licensing examination of the Internet Connection Service Safety & Security Promotion Association and therefore can use the Safe Security ISP mark.
These seven items were tested for the licensing examination.
- ［ Items ］
- The establishment of a security policy and introduction of an audit system.
- The security level of systems.
- The establishment of a system to manage times when problems occur.
- The maintenance and announcement of user-oriented contract articles, etc.
- The maintenance of a system to manage users.
- The dissemination of knowledge to users.
- The actions taken to protect personal information.