Asahi Net : Security
Thunderbird 1.5 (change the Outgoing mail server setting)
- These settings are based on Thunderbird 1.5 for Windows.
- These settings assume you have setup your email account using an email address of an ISP other than Asahi Net.
- These settings show how to change the settings to use Asahi Net's Outgoing mail server, while still receiving your mail from the Incoming mail server of the company providing your email address.
- Throughout, ab4t-ash is used as an example Asahi Net User ID. In your own settings please enter your own Asahi Net User ID.
1. Open Thunderbird by double-clicking the Mozilla Thunderbird icon.
2. Click on the Tools menu and select Account Settings.
3. Click on Outgoing Server (SMTP) option.
4. Click the Edit button for the SMTP server settings your want to confirm. The SMTP Server window will appear.
Change the SMTP Server settings as follows.
|Use name and password||Check the box||SMTP authentication|
|User Name||Asahi Net User ID||(e.g. ab4t-ash)|
|Use secure connection||SSL|
5. Click the OK button. The settings are complete.