Asahi Net : Security
Outlook 2003 (change the Outgoing mail server setting)
- These settings are based on Microsoft Windows Outlook 2003.
- These settings assume you have setup your email account using an email address of an ISP other than Asahi Net.
- These settings show how to change the settings to use Asahi Net's Outgoing mail server's "SMTP over SSL" (Port: 465), while still receiving your mail from the Incoming mail server of the company providing your email address.
- Throughout, ab3c-defg is used as an example Asahi Net User ID. In your own settings please enter your own Asahi Net User ID.
1. Open Outlook 2003.
2. From the Tools menu, choose E-mail Accounts.
3. Click the View or change existing e-mail accounts option. Click the Next button.
4. The E-Mail Accounts window will open. Under the Name column click on your Asahi Net Mail account, then click the Change button.
5. The Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window will open. Change the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) setting to mail.asahi-net.or.jp.
|Outgoing mail server||mail.asahi-net.or.jp|
6. Click the More Settings button.
7. Click the Outgoing Server tab. Make the following settings.
|My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication||Check the box|
|Log on using||Check the option|
|User Name||Enter your Asahi Net User ID
|Password||Enter your Asahi Net password|
8. Click the Advanced tab. Make the following settings.
|Outgoing server (SMTP)||465|
|This server requires an encrytped connection (SSL)||Check the box|
9. Click the OK button.
10. The E-mail Accounts window will open. Click the Next button, and then click Finish.
11. The settings are complete. Try sending yourself an email to make sure your settings are working properly.