Asahi Net : Security : Outbound Port 25 Blocking : Outlook Express 6.x (change the Outgoing mail server setting)
Outlook Express 6.x (change the Outgoing mail server setting)
- These settings are based on Microsoft Windows Outlook Express Ver. 6.x
- These settings assume you have setup your email account using an email address of an ISP other than Asahi Net.
- These settings show how to change the settings to use Asahi Net's Outgoing mail server's "SMTP over SSL" (Port: 465), while still receiving your mail from the Incoming mail server of the company providing your email address.
- Throughout, ab3c-defg is used as an example Asahi Net User ID. In your own settings please enter your own Asahi Net User ID.
1. Open Outlook Express.
2. From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
3. In the Internet Accounts window, click the Mail tab.
4. Highlight the account you are going to change, eg. "pop.other.ISP" then click the Properties button.
5. There is no change needed on the General tab.
6. Click the Servers tab, and make the following change to settings.
|Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)||mail.asahi-net.or.jp|
|My server requires authentication||Check the box|
7. Click the Settings... button.
8. In the Outgoing Mail Server window, check the Log on using button, and make these settings.
|Log on using||Check this|
|Account Name||Your Asahi Net User ID
|Your Asahi Net Password
Enter it in lower case (small) characters.
9. Click the OK button.
10. Click the Advanced tab and make these settings.
|This server requires a secure connection (SSL)||Check the box|
11.Click the Apply button, then click the OK button.
12. The Internet Accounts window will appear showing the accounts you have.
13. Click the Close button. The settings are complete.