Asahi Net : Security : Outbound Port 25 Blocking : Netscape 7.x (change the Outgoing mail server setting)
Netscape 7.x (change the Outgoing mail server setting)
- These settings are based on Microsoft Windows Netscape 7.x
- These settings assume you have setup your email account using an email address of an ISP other than Asahi Net.
- These settings show how to change the settings to use Asahi Net's Outgoing mail server's "Submission Port" (Port: 587), while still receiving your mail from the Incoming mail server of the company providing your email address.
- Throughout, ab3c-defg is used as an example Asahi Net User ID. In your own settings please enter your own Asahi Net User ID.
1. Open Netscape 7.
2. From the Window menu, choose Mail & Newsgroups.
3. From the Edit menu, choose Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings.
4. The Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings window will open. Click on the Outgoing Server (SMTP) category.
Change the Outgoing Server (SMTP) settings as follows.
|Use name and password||Check the box||SMTP authentication|
|User Name||Asahi Net User ID||(e.g. ab3c-defg)|
|Use secure connection (SSL)||Never|
5. Click the OK button. The settings are complete.