Asahi Net : Security
MacOSX(10.4) Mail (change the Outgoing mail server setting)
- These settings are based on MacOSX(10.4) Mail ver. 2.1
- These settings assume you have setup your email account using an email address of an ISP other than Asahi Net.
- These settings show how to change the settings to use Asahi Net's Outgoing mail server's "SMTP over SSL" (Port: 465), while still receiving your mail from the Incoming mail server of the company providing your email address.
- Throughout, ab3c-defg is used as an example Asahi Net User ID. In your own settings please enter your own Asahi Net User ID.
1. Open Mail.
2. From the Mail menu, choose Preferences.
3. In Accounts, choose your account (eg. POP.Other.ISP) from the Accounts section, click on the Account Information tab, and go down to the Outgoing Mail Server(SMTP) section. Click on the drop down bar and choose Add Server.
4. In the window that pops up, enter the following settings.
|Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)||mail.asahi-net.or.jp|
|Use Secure Sockets Layer(SSL)||Check this|
|User Name||Your Asahi Net User ID
|Your Asahi Net Password
Enter it in lower case (small) characters.
5. The settings in the Account Information tab should now reflect the change.
Now close the Accounts window.
6. A window will pop up asking you to Save Changes. Click Save.
7. Your settings are now complete.