Asahi Net WiMAX 2+
- Is there a speed restriction?
Yes. The speed restriction for Asahi Net WiMAX 2+ depends on the plan and the amount of data traffic.
Communication speed restriction due to excess monthly data amount
- If you are using Fixed Data Plan or Fixed Data Plan with LTE Plan; the communication speed will be restricted to max. 128 Kbps until the end of month when the total data amount in WiMAX 2+ High-Speed Mode and High-Speed Plus Area Mode exceeds 7 GB a month.
- If you are using Unlimited Data Plan or Unlimited Data Plan with LTE Plan, and the device supports au 4G LTE option, WiMAX 2+ in High-Speed Mode will also be subject to communication speed restriction once the restriction for High-Speed Plus Area Mode (monthly 7 GB) is applied.
You can see if you are subject to speed restriction from the page below.
- Asahi Net ID and password are required.
- The Communication Speed Status is reflected on the next day the speed restriction is put in place.
Communication speed restriction due to data traffic for the most recent three days
- If you exceed the data traffic for the most recent three days, there is a service to notify you via email that a speed restriction will be put in place. This email will be sent to you the next day after 1 p.m. once you exceed the data amount.
If you wish to be notified, please apply from UQ Communications Inc.'s Data Amount Notification Service page (Japanese).
Schedule to notify data amount.
- Schedule differs depending on three days (including the previous day of notification) usage situation.