Notice on the Issue that Emergency Calls Cannot be Made from Some Dual SIM iPhone Models
November 5, 2021
Asahi Net, Inc.
Thank you for using Asahi Net.
We are notified that emergency calls (110/118/119) cannot be made from some dual SIM iPhone models using Asahi Net LTE (ANSIM).
Please be aware of the following details.
1. Issue Occurring
Regardless of the telecommunications carrier, emergency calls (110/118/119) cannot be made from some dual SIM iPhone models, when using both SIM with voice call functionality and data-only SIM, and when data-only SIM is selected.
2. Applicable Service
- Asahi Net LTE (ANSIM)
3. Applicable Devices
- iPhone XS, XS Max, XR
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone 12 mini, 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 mini, 13, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max
Emergency calls can be made by selecting the SIM with voice call functionality in Cellular Data.
(Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data and select the SIM with voice call functionality.)
- Reference: Apple Support
- When unable to make emergency calls using dual SIM in Japan (in Japanese)
5. Inquiries Regarding this Issue
- Asahi Net English Customer Support
- Please contact us from the Contact Us page.
Thank you for using Asahi Net and we look forward to continuing to serve you.