Renewal of Asahi Net Mail System
October 27, 2021
Asahi Net, Inc.
Thank you for using Asahi Net.
Asahi Net is renewing its mail system in order to provide safer and securer, easier-to-use mail services.
There is no need to change the settings if you are using an email client or a software, but please note that those who are using web mails, or certain environments may require some changes in their settings.
Let us inform our members of the additions and changes that will be made to our mail services.
1. Start of Service
August 10, 2022
2. Changes to be Made
- The upper limit of mailbox space will be 5GB.
*Since most of our members do not reach their upper limit, this limitation of the size of the mailbox should not affect most of you.
- The 110 port of POP3 will no longer be supported.
- Members will be able to use the IMAP server which is planned to be introduced around and after January 2023. Asahi Net will notify you on this matter separately.
- SSL/TLS will be required for the POP encryption function.
- DIGEST-MD5 will no longer be supported in SMTP.
Outgoing Domain Authentication
- To block spoofing emails, domain authentication (SPF, DKIM, DMARC) will be introduced.
(Domains using Super Strong, the unsolicited email filter are excluded.)
- The maximum size for sending/receiving email will be 100MB per email.
In accordance with the renewal of our mail system, Web Mail will be renewed too.
- There is no need to redo your signature or rebuild your address book since they will be carried over to the new Web Mail.
- The URL of the Web Mail will be changed, so if you have bookmarked the address of the ongoing Web Mail, please change to the new URL when the service starts.
Concurrent Operation Period with the Ongoing Web Mail
- Start of our new Web Mail:
Starting August 10, 2022 when the new Web Mail is provided, your incoming mail will be stored in the inbox of the new Web Mail.
- End of the ongoing Web Mail:
Incoming mail up to August 9, 2022 will be stored in the ongoing Web Mail.
After 180 days, the mail storage period for incoming mail, it will end its service on February 5, 2023.
- Neo-SpamBlock should be subscribed for each email address.
- Acceptance/Block setting shall be made on the Web Mail. For this reason, reconfiguration is required after the mail system is renewed. For details on how to complete your settings, please refer to our Settings Guide after the renewal.
3. Matters to be Checked in Your Environment
In the new mail system, you may be required to change some settings. Please check the following:
Settings of Your Mailer (Email Client/Software)
- Please check by the end of May, 2022:
- Set the port number of incoming mail server to: 995
- If SMTP is set to use only DIGEST-MD5, please change your settings to either: 1) auto-settings; or 2) use other methods (CRAM-MD5, LOGIN, PLAIN).
- Please check by the end of July, 2022:
- Please set SSL/TLS on the incoming mail server.
- Asahi Net recommends the use of SSL/TLS for outgoing mail server settings. We are planning to require the use of SSL/TLS for outgoing mail servers in the future.
Depending on the content of settings, you may not be able to send or receive email using our new mail services. Please change your mailer settings in accordance with our Settings Guide.
You can also contact Asahi Net English Support if you are not sure how to change your settings.
Please contact us through the Contact Us page.
Thank you for using Asahi Net and we look forward to continuing to serve you.