Android: How to connect to a wireless network
Before making the configuration
- The settings on this page are for connecting an Android (Android OS2.3.4) to a wireless network.
- We recommend that you use the best and latest security for your wireless network.
- Please use the guides supplied by the manufacturer of your devices to configure them for your wireless network.
Adding and connecting to a wireless network
1. Open the Settings application.
2. Touch Wireless & networks -> Wi-Fi settings.
3. Check Wi-Fi to turn it on. The device scans for available wireless networks and displays the names of those it finds. Secure networks have a lock icon on them. If your device finds a network that you connected to previously, it automatically connects to it.
4. Touch the network you want to connect to.
5. A pop-up will ask you to confirm that you want to connect to the network by touching Connect. If it asks you to input a password (SSID/security key/Cyrpto Key/WEP key etc.) please enter it, and then click Connect.
6. If connection is complete, the icon should change to show that you are connected. A wireless icon on your main screen should also show that you are connected, and the strength of the signal.
* Please go back to the top of this page and confirm the settings you made.