Windows 7 PPPoE Configuration
Windows 7 PPPoE setup for FLET'S connection services.
I. Before making the configuration, ensure that...
1. You are contracted with NTT to use their FLET'S connection service.
2. You are an Asahi Net member.
The fastest and easiest way to sign-up is to do it on-line: click here.
3. You are prepared for connection.
PPPoE connection software in the Windows 7 operating system makes it possible for your computer to connect to NTT's FLET'S connection services. Do not install the Japanese PPPoE software that you received from NTT, and do not install any other PPPoE software: you do not need other PPPoE software and their presence could cause connection problems.
On the day of NTT opening their service, connect up all equipment provided as instructed by NTT.
Set up Your Connection
1. Open the Start menu and then choose Control Panel.
2. Choose the Network and Internet option.
3. Choose the Network and Sharing Center option.
4. In the Change your network settings section, choose Set up a new connection or network.
5. The Set Up a Connection or Network window will open. Choose the Connect to the Internet option, then click Next.
6. The Connect to the Internet window will open. Choose the Broadband (PPPoE) option.
7. The Type the information from your Internet service provider (ISP) window will open.
Make sure the User name box contains your Asahi Net User ID followed by "@atson.net".
* Enter your User name in lower case (small) characters
For example, if your Asahi Net User ID is ab3c-defg, your User name would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must enter your Asahi Net password into the Password box.
* Enter your Password in lower case (small) characters
If you want to confirm the password you have entered, check the Show characters checkbox.
Remember this password
If you want to not have to enter your password every time you launch a connection to the Internet, check the Remember this password checkbox.
Enter Asahi Net in the Connection name box.
8. Click the Connect button. A connection should be established between your computer and the Internet and a message should appear telling you that the Internet is ready to use.
9. Open your Web browser and start viewing Web pages.
10. Having problems?
|FLET'S ADSL||Can't connect?|
|FLET'S ADSL Entry||Can't connect?|
|FTTH with FLET'S||Can connect, but can't see Web pages|