CE Dial-Up Connection : Asahi Net : Internet Software Guide
Windows CE Dial-Up Connection
These instructions explain how to set up your Windows CE computer for connection to an Asahi Net dial-up access point in Japan. Although your device may come with a stylus which allows you to tap icons and buttons on the screen, the word "click" will be used below to cover for both these screen taps and clicks made with a connected mouse.
Making a new Dial-Up connection
1. From the Start menu, select Programs. Double click the Communications icon. Double click the Remote Networking icon.
3. In the Type a name for the connection box, enter the name of the Asahi Net access point you want to connect to, e.g. All-Japan Access Point. You may name your connection anything you like, but we recommend you make it the name of the access point you want to connect to, e.g. All-Japan Access Point.
4. Click the button for Dial-Up Connection. Click Next.
5. At the Select a modem prompt, ensure that the modem you are using is listed. If you are unsure, please refer to the documentation supplied with your device. In the Area code and Telephone number enter the area code and telephone number of the Asahi Net access point you want your computer to connect to. Ensure you
include the area code correctly, even if you are in the same area code as
the number you are dialing, and make sure you enter the Country Code correctly;
it should be 81 for Japan.
7. Click TCP/IP Settings. Make sure the Server-assigned IP address and Use IP header compression boxes are checked, and that Asahi Net's DNS addresses are entered as follows:
8. You will now be back in the Make New Dial-Up Connection window. Click Finish.
Connecting to the Asahi Net access point
1. You will now see that an icon has been created for the Dial-Up connection that you have just created. Double-click on the icon.
2. Your computer should now dial-up to the Asahi Net access point you have chosen, and make a connection.