Mac OSX (10.9) PPPoE Configuration
Mac OSX v10.8/10.9 PPPoE configuration for FLET'S connections.
Before making the configuration, ensure that...
1. You are contracted with NTT to use their FLET'S service.
2. You are an Asahi Net member. The fastest and easiest way to sign-up is to do it on-line here.
3. You are using the correct Asahi Net Course.
4. You are prepared for connection. PPPoE connection software in the Mac OSX (10.9) operating system makes it possible for your computer to connect to the Internet on a NTT FLET'S line. Do not install the Japanese PPPoE software that you received from NTT, and do not install any other PPPoE software: you do not need other PPPoE software and its presence could cause connection problems.
On the day of NTT opening their service, connect up all equipment provided as instructed by NTT.
1. Go to the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Find and double-click the Network icon in the Internet & Wireless section.
3. The Network window will appear. Click the "+" sign under the left-hand side panel.
4. In the window that pops up, choose/enter the following information.
|Service Name||Asahi Net|
5. Click the Create button. A connection called Asahi Net will be added to the left-hand panel.
6. Click on the new Asahi Net connection and enter the following information.
|PPPoE Service Name||Asahi Net|
|Account Name||Your Asahi Net User ID followed by @atson.net
* Enter your User name in lower case (small) characters
|Password||The password for your Asahi Net User ID
* Enter your Password in lower case (small) characters
|Remember this password||Arbitrary|
|Show PPPoE status in menu bar||Check this|
7. Click on the Advanced button.
8. Click on the TCP/IP tab. Make sure the Configure IPv4 option is set to Using PPP.
9. Click on the DNS tab. Make sure the DNS Servers box is empty.
10. Click on the PPP tab. Make sure the following settings are made.
|Connect automatically when needed||Checked|
|Send PPP echo packets||Checked|
|All other check boxes are arbitrary.|
11. Click the OK button.
12. Click the Connect button.
13. Open your browser, and start viewing Web pages.
|FLET'S ADSL||Can't connect?||Can connect, but can't see Web pages|
|FLET'S ADSL Entry||Can't connect?||Can connect, but can't see Web pages|
|BFLET'S||Can't connect?||Can connect, but can't see Web pages|
|Hikari with FLET'S||Can't connect?||Can connect, but can't see Web pages|