Mac OSX (10.7) PPPoE Configuration
Mac OSX (10.7) PPPoE configuration for FLET'S ADSL, FLET'S ADSL Entry, B-FLET'S and FLET'S Hikari Next connections.
I. Before making the configuration, ensure that...
1. You are contracted with NTT to use their FLET'S service.
2. You are an Asahi Net member.
The fastest and easiest way to sign-up is to do it on-line: click here.
3. You are using the correct Asahi Net Course.
4. You are prepared for connection.
PPPoE connection software in the Mac OSX (10.7) operating system makes it possible for your computer to connect to the Internet on NTT ADSL and fiber-optic lines. Do not install the Japanese PPPoE software that you received from NTT, and do not install any other PPPoE software: you do not need other PPPoE software and its presence could cause connection problems.
On the day of NTT opening their service, connect up all equipment provided as instructed by NTT.
1. Go to the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Find and double-click the Network icon in the Internet & Wireless section.
3. The Network window comes up.
4. Find Location at the top, and click on the drop down bar and choose Edit Locations...
5. Find and click the "+" sign.
6. Type in a name or location for this configuration (eg. Home PPPoE). Then click Done.
7. Click on Location at the top, and choose the location you want to connect to.(eg. Home PPPoE)
8. Click on the Apply button on the lower Right.
9. Confirm that the Apply button is grayed out now, and Location is still the configuration you have just chosen to use (eg. Home PPPoE). Now click the "+" sign under the left-hand side panel.
10. In the window that pops up, enter the following information:
|Service Name||Asahi Net|
Click the Create button.
A connection called Asahi Net will be added to the left-hand panel.
11. Click on the new Asahi Net connection on the left hand side and enter the following information:
|PPPoE Service Name||Asahi Net|
|Account Name||Your Asahi Net User ID followed by @atson.net
* Enter your User name in lower case (small) characters
|Password||The password for your Asahi Net User ID
* Enter your Password in lower case (small) characters
|Remember this password||Arbitrary|
|Show PPPoE status in menu bar||Check this|
Then click on the Advanced button.
12. Click the PPP tab at the top of the pop up window, and check the following boxes:
|Connect automatically when needed||Check this|
|Send PPP echo packets||Check this|
|All other check boxes are arbitrary.|
Click the OK button.
13. Click the Apply button
14. Make sure your LAN cable is properly connected on both ends, then find the PPPoE status icon in the top right hand side of your menu bar, then click and choose Connect Asahi Net. A connection should be established between your computer and Asahi Net.
15. Open your browser, and start viewing Web pages.
|FLET'S ADSL||Can't connect?||Can connect, but can't see Web pages|
|FLET'S ADSL Entry||Can't connect?||Can connect, but can't see Web pages|
|BFLET'S||Can't connect?||Can connect, but can't see Web pages|
|FTTH with FLET'S||Can't connect?||Can connect, but can't see Web pages|