Mac OSX (10.6) PPPoE Configuration
Mac OSX (10.6) PPPoE configuration for FLET'S ADSL, FLET'S ADSL Entry, B-FLET'S and FLET'S Hikari Next connections.
I. Before making the configuration, ensure that...
1. You are contracted with NTT to use their FLET'S service.
2. You are an Asahi Net member.
The fastest and easiest way to sign-up is to do it on-line: click here.
3. You are using the correct Asahi Net Course.
4. You are prepared for connection.
PPPoE connection software in the Mac OSX (10.6) operating system makes it possible for your computer to connect to the Internet on NTT ADSL and fiber-optic lines. Do not install the Japanese PPPoE software that you received from NTT, and do not install any other PPPoE software: you do not need other PPPoE software and its presence could cause connection problems.
On the day of NTT opening their service, connect up all equipment provided as instructed by NTT.
1. Go to the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Double-click the Network icon in the Internet & Wireless section.
3. In the left-hand panel you will see listed Ethernet, AirPort, etc. Click the "+" sign under that panel.
4. In the window that appears, supply the following information:
|Service Name||Asahi Net|
Click the Create button.
A connection called Asahi Net will be added to the left-hand panel.
5. Click on the Asahi Net entry and supply the following information:
|PPPoE Service Name||Asahi Net|
|Account Name||Your Asahi Net User ID followed by @atson.net
* Enter your User name in lower case (small) characters
|Password||The password for your Asahi Net User ID
* Enter your Password in lower case (small) characters
|Remember this password||Arbitrary|
|Show PPPoE status in menu bar||Check this|
6. Click the Advanced button.
7. Click the PPP tab and supply the following information:
|Connect automatically when needed||Check this|
|Send PPP echo packets||Check this|
|All other check boxes are arbitrary.|
8. Click the OK button.
9. Click the Apply button.
10.Click the Connect button.
11. A connection should now be established between your computer and the Internet. Open a Web browser and start viewing Web pages.
12. Another way to connect or disconnect is to use the <***>icon in the menu bar and choose to connect or disconnect from the Internet.
|FLET'S ADSL||Can't connect?||Can connect, but can't see Web pages|
|FLET'S ADSL Entry||Can't connect?||Can connect, but can't see Web pages|
|BFLET'S||Can't connect?||Can connect, but can't see Web pages|
|FTTH with FLET'S||Can't connect?||Can connect, but can't see Web pages|