Web Caster V120 Configuration : Asahi Net : Internet Software Guide
Web Caster V120 Configuration
I. Before making the configuration, ensure that...
1. You have entered into a FLET'S contract with NTT and have received their
Web Caster V120.
Example setup: B FLET'S media converter and Web Caster V120
Step 1: Open a Web browser
1. Open a Web browser (Safari, Internet Explorer or Netscape, for example).
You are going to use the Web browser as the means to access the configuration pages of the Web Caster V120.
Enter http://192.168.1.1 in the address box of the Web broswer, then hit the Enter key on your keyboard (or Return key if you use a Mac).
Step 2: Log in
2. If this is the first time you are logging in, go to step
2A. The first time you log in, the Webcaster V120 kuikku settei (quick setup) window will appear. You will log in using your Asahi Net User Name and password, as follows:
Then click the OK button.
2B. If this is not the first time you log into the router, a roguin (login) window will appear. In this window, leave the Kiki setteiyou pasuwaado (password for the device) box blank, and click the OK button.
Step 3: Network settings
3. In the left hand section, click the (a.) Ruuta settei (router setting) link, then click the (b.) Nettowaaku setsuzoku (Network connection) link that appears below it.
4. In the window that opens, click the WAN PPPoE 1 link.
Step 4: Connect
5. The WAN PPPoE 1 meisai settei (detailed WAN PPPoE 1 setting) window will appear. Confirm that your Asahi Net User Name and password are entered correctly here, as follows:
Then click the (d.) Tekiyou (apply) button
The Webcaster V120 should establish a connection to the Internet.
Step 5: Confirming the status of the Web Caster V120
6. Click on the home icon.
7. You can confirm that you are connected by looking at the information in the pink box.
8. Look at the lamps on your Web Caster V120 and confirm their status is as listed below. If they match, the Web Caster should now be connected to the Internet.
Now close your Web browser, open it again and make sure that you can view Web pages.
10. Having problems?