ADSL Modem SVIII configuration : Asahi Net : Internet Software Guide
ADSL Modem SVIII configuration.
I. Before making the configuration, ensure that...
1. You have entered into a FLET'S ADSL contract with NTT and have received their SVIII ADSL modem.
2. You are prepared for connection. On the day NTT open their service, connect up all equipment provided as instructed by NTT.
(*1) For a Type 2 line, a splitter will not be used.
Step 1: Access the ADSL modem
1. Open a Web browser (Internet Explorer, for example). You must not connect to the Internet: you are going to use the Web browser as the means to access the configuration page of the ADSL Modem SVIII.
2. Enter http://192.168.1.1 in the Address box of the Web browser, then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
3. At this point, a login window will appear. Enter user in lower case characters in both the Yuuzaamei (User Name) and Pasuwaado (Password) boxes, then click the OK button.
Step 2: Open the basic setup page
4. The Kihon Settei (basic settings) screen will appear.
5. See below for how to enter your information into this screen.
Settings e through i are for if you are going to be connecting your telephone to the ADSL modem. If you are not going to do so, leave the settings as they are.
6. Click the Settei (setting) button, (j).
Step 3: Restart
7. The Japanese explanation that appears in red at the top of the basic settings page will ask you to visit the restart page. Click the Saikidou Gamen he (go to the restart screen) link.
8. You are asked to restart the ADSL modem.
9. After the ADSL Modem has restarted, the following window will appear.
Wait for the ADSL modem's PPP lamp to come on, then click the Saihyouji (re-display) button.
10. The following lamps on the ADSL modem should be fully lit: Power, ADSL, PPP and LAN.
11. Your computer should now be connected to the Internet. Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and make sure that you can view Web pages, and use other Internet services such as email.
12. If you want to use one of Asahi Net's IP-Phone services, you are now ready to Configure the VoIP Equipment (the ADSL modem SVIII) so that you can make VoIP calls.
13. Having problems?