- The My Board script is subject to change without notification. Should you notice problems with My Board, please check this page to see if there have been any changes.
- The My Board script may be subject to short term or permanent removal.
- If you have any questions about this or any other CGI script, please contact Asahi Net.
My Board Service
My Board allows Asahi Net members to correspond with each other
by posting messages to a noticeboard visible inside their Web browser.
The MyBoard service is available only to members who are using
their homepage space to host their individual homepage. Only Asahi Net
members will be able to create a My Board and make postings to it,
however the My Board will be viewable by non-Asahi Net members.
Operation Guidelines and Rules
Before Using My Board
- The My Board service is unique to Asahi Net. Use of My Board is
limited to only those members using their Asahi Net Individual
Home Page space. Only one My Board may be created by each
Asahi Net Individual member.
- Only Asahi Net Individual members may make postings to a My Board.
These members may freely make postings, and may even do so using
a nickname. Posted messages will be visible on the Internet, and
non-Asahi Net members will also be able to read them.
- Both creators of a My Board and those posting to a My Board are
required to consent to and abide by the items of the following
"My Board Usage Rules."
My Board Usage Rules
- Application of Agreements
The My Board Service is offered by ATSON, Inc. (hereafter called
"the Company") and is one of Asahi Net's optional services.
Operation of the My Board service is covered by both the
Asahi Net Individual Member Service Agreement
Asahi Net Individual Home Page Service Agreement.
Both creators of a My Board and
those posting to a My Board are required to consent to and abide
by the items of the Asahi Net Individual Member Service Agreement
and the Asahi Net Individual Home Page Service Agreement.
- Responsibility of My Board Creators
Creators of a My Board bear the entire responsibility for its
operation, and depending on their judgement they are able to
close the My Board and delete the content of postings. The creator
of a My Board will also bear the entire responsibility for, and the
expense of, the resolution of any dispute arising from the operation
of a My Board. The Company will not bear the burden of any such
loss or damage.
- Content of Postings
Content of postings must conform with the items of Section 4
"Individual Home Page content" of the Asahi Net Individual Home Page
- The Poster's User ID
Creators of a My Board will be able to know the Asahi Net User ID
of those making postings, but may not use this information for any
purpose other than to operate My Board.
- Closure of a My Board
Should the Company judge the content of a My Board to be in violation
of these rules, it may, at its own discretion and without prior
notification to the creator, close the My Board. Should the Company
close a member's My Board it is under no obligation to reveal its
reason for doing so.
[15 December 1999]
Asahi Net Individual Member Service Agreement.
Asahi Net Individual
Home Page Service Agreement.
Application for My Board
Using the BBB
Application can be made using Asahi Net's BBB service at this page:
Creating and changing My Board
On accessing Asahi Net's BBB to apply for the My Board service, the following screens will appear.
Creating a My Board
1. Click the Create button.
2. Click the pull-down arrow in the Language box and select the language you require the My Board to appear in. If you do not choose a language, you will get Japanese.
For those using their default homepage space, the My Board will be hosted at
http://cgibbs.asahi-net.or.jp/bbs/show/Asahi Net User ID/bbs
For those using their FreeAddress space, the My Board will be hosted at
3. The Confirmation of My Board screen allows you to decide if you want to continue and create the My Board or not. Click Yes if you want to create the My Board specified.
4. Completion of My Board Creation. Now you can click the Back to start button.
Confirming / Changing Settings
1. Information about registered My Board. Click the Admin link to access Admin mode screen. You will then need to enter your Asahi Net Use ID and password at the prompt.
2. Click the Go to BBS Configuration Menu link to access the My Board administration screen.
3. Configuring My Board. This is where you can enter your preferred Title of the My Board, change the number of articles per page, etc. If you make changes, make sure to click the Save Settings button afterwards so that the change takes effect.
4. Configuring My Board - continued. This is where you can change the color scheme of the My Board. If you make changes, make sure to click the Save Settings button afterwards so that the change takes effect. An Initialize all settings button is available should you need it.
Placement of the link to your My Board
Please place the link to your My Board in one of your homepages.
For those using their default homepage space, the My Board will be hosted at http://cgibbs.asahi-net.or.jp/bbs/show/Asahi Net User ID/bbs
For those using their FreeAddress space, the My Board will be hosted at http://cgibbs.www.ne.jp/bbs/show/asahi/FreeAddress/bbs
Suspension / Resumption and Deletion of your My Board