Setting : Email Client
Before you make settings, please confirm the following.
- Neither Windows 7 nor Windows 8 has no pre-installed email clients that you can use for Asahi Net email service. Therefore you will need to download programs on your own.
- (Japanese Only) Microsoft Japan | How to use POP emails with Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1
- When sending and receiving Asahi Net emails, encryption feature is available by using POP over SSL/TLS (recommended), SMTP over SSL/TLS (recommended) or APOP authentication.
- Some outdated email clients may have issue receiving and sending messages when using encryption feature. (SSL/TSL). We recommend using the latest products.
- Please use following charts for configuration.
Asahi Net Servers Settings
|Mail account||Asahi Net User ID||(e.g.: ab4t-ash, m1234ab567c, u1234ab567c)|
|Password||The password for the Asahi Net User ID||Enter the password in lower case characters.|
|Incoming mail server (POP3)||pop.asahi-net.or.jp||Port number||995*1|
|Outgoing mail server (SMTP)||mail.asahi-net.or.jp||Port number||465*3|
|Email address||Your email address|
|Asahi Net email address
Virtual Domain email address
Default email address
|(Asahi Net User ID@atson.net cannot be used as an email address.)|
- Settings when using encryption function (POP over SSL/TLS). STLS commands are not supported.
- Settings when not using encryption function. STLS commands are not supported.
- Settings when using encryption function (SMTP over SSL/TLS). STARTTLS commands are not supported.
- Settings when using submission port. Encryption function and STARTTLS commands are not supported.
- Settings generally used for outgoing mail server. Encryption function and STARTTLS commands are not supported. Port 25 cannot be used via au Hikari lines.
- Server when using the Email Virus Check service. For details of the service, please refer to the following webpage.
Email Virus Check
|SMTP authentication||Set (recommended)||Make the setting if you are using compatible program.
If using incompatible email clients, use POP before SMTP instead.
|POP over SSL/TLS
SMTP over SSL/TLS
|Set (recommended)||Make the setting if you are using compatible program.
If using incompatible email clients, use APOP authentication (or POP) and SMTP.
Email Client Settings
Asahi Net recommend you use the most secure settings possible for the email client you use.