Setting : Email Client
Before you make settings, please confirm the following.
- Neither Windows 7 nor Windows 8 has no pre-installed email clients that you can use for Asahi Net email service. Therefore you will need to download programs on your own.
- (Japanese Only) Microsoft Japan | How to use POP emails with Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1
- When sending and receiving Asahi Net emails, encryption feature is available by using POP over SSL/TLS (recommended), SMTP over SSL/TLS (recommended) or APOP authentication.
- Some outdated email clients may have issue receiving and sending messages when using encryption feature. (SSL/TSL). We recommend using the latest products.
- Please use following charts for configuration.
Asahi Net Servers Settings
|Mail account||Asahi Net User ID||(E.g.ab3c-defg, m1234ab567c, u1234ab567c)|
|Password||The password for the Asahi Net User ID||Enter the password in lower case characters.|
|Incoming mail server (POP3)||pop.asahi-net.or.jp||* STLS commands are not supported|
|Port number (POP3)||995||For POP over SSL/TLS authentication|
|110||For no POP over SSL/TLS authentication|
|Outgoing mail server (SMTP)||mail.asahi-net.or.jp||* STARTTLS commands are not supported|
|Port number (SMTP)||465||For SMTP over SSL/TLS authentication|
|25||For no SMTP over SSL/TLS authentication|
|587||If needing to use the submission port click here.|
|Outgoing mail server (SMTP)||mails.asahi-net.or.jp
For use with the Email Virus Check Service.
|Use port 465. For SMTP over SSL/TLS authentication. STARTTLS commands are not supported|
|Email address||Your Email address||(E.g. MyMail address, Virtual Domain mail address, Asahi Net User ID@asahi-net.or.jp)|
|SMTP authentication||Set (recommended)||Make the setting if you are using compatible program.
If using incompatible email clients, use POP before SMTP instead.
|POP over SSL/TLS
SMTP over SSL/TLS
|Set (recommended)||Make the setting if you are using compatible program.
If using incompatible email clients, use APOP authentication (or POP) and SMTP.
Email Client Settings
Asahi Net recommend you use the most secure settings possible for the email client you use.