Thank you for your interest in this service, however as of 1st August 2015, new applications in English for this service are not being accepted. Should you require the service, please make your application in Japanese here.
/month for 30 months *1 *2
||The Construction charge is split into 30 monthly payments of
. Initial charges start to be billed from the month following the opening month (one month lag). Should the au Hikari service be cancelled, the balance of the outstanding payments will be billed.
||There will be an additional charge of
if construction is done on a weekend or a holiday.
Initial Charges - Optional
|Optional on-site settings support
||The kaketsuke service is only available in Japanese
and only computers with Japanese operating systems are supported. The charge is
only for the first time on-site settings support is carried out.
On-site settings include: Internet connection settings, browser and email settings (up to
one mail address) and STB set up (if the TV service has been applied for). The date the
on-site settings will be carried out will be determined in your consultation call with
KDDI. The discount is offered by KDDI.
|au Hikari Giga Value Type
- The Giga Value Type has a two year contract, with an automatic renewal every two
years. There is a
contract release charge for cancelling the Giga Value
service in any month but a contract renewal month.
- If you cancel the service in the first renewal month (2 year contract), the remaining construction charge of
(6 months x
) will be billed.
- A six month minimum usage period exists for those members who applied for the Hikari
one Home service before October 31st 2008, taking the first month as the opening month
au Hikari service. Should cancellation of the au Hikari Home service be requested from
the member within the six month period, the member will be billed for the total remaining
monthly charges and the rental equipment charges.
- From the month of joining Asahi Net (the month the Asahi Net User ID is issued) to
the month the au Hikari service is opened and the first connection to it is made, Asahi
Net's Monthly Charge will not be applied. However, the use of optional services will be
charged from the month of joining Asahi Net. These optional services include excess
homepage space usage, surcharges for overseas access, connections to our Prime Access
- In the month of cancellation, the Monthly Charge and charges for optional service(s)
and excess usage (if applicable) will be charged, regardless of when the cancellation
request is made.
Contract Renewal Month
- The au Hikari Giga Value Type has a two year contract, with an automatic renewal every two years. Asahi Net will bill a
(excluding tax) contract release charge should you cancel the service in any month but a contract renewal month.
- The opening month of the au Hikari service is the month in which the day following the day on which au Hikari is opened occurs.
E.g. Connect 15th May -> Open 16th May (May is the opening month).
E.g. Connect 31st May -> Open 1st June (June is the opening month).
- Taking the month in which the day of the first au Hikari connection is made as the 1st month, the 25th and 26th months are the contract renewal months.
E.g. Connect 16th May → May and June of the 2nd year are the renewal months.
||The service opening month is counted as the 1st month.
||If you cancel the service in the first renewal months (the 2nd year of the contract), the remaining construction charge of
(excluding tax) will be billed.
These services are included
|Course and Plan
||au Hikari connection
Giga Value Type
||Up to 5 hours, no charge
/minute for excess
||Dial-up connection is possible, independent of the au Hikari connection. For
example, you can be on a business trip and connect your laptop computer to one of our
dial-up access points.
||Homepage space usage exceeding that allocated by the Course / Plan will incur a
per month per 5MB excess. Please see About excess homepage usage for
more information about how to calculate your homepage space usage.