About Hikari Denwa
Hikari Denwa is a IP-Phone service offered by NTT East and NTT West for users of their fiber-optic services (B FLET'S, FLET'S Hikari Next, FLET'S Hikari Light and FLET'S Hikari Premium). A NTT contract is essential. For details of NTT's Hikari Denwa service please contact NTT or visit their Web pages.
- Possible to make calls for low charges. For example, a call to anywhere in Japan is charged at 8 yen/3 minutes).
- Low monthly charge (from 500 yen/month)
- Your current telephone number for your fixed telephone line can be used with the Hikari Denwa service.
Who Can Use The Service
You must be using NTT's B FLET'S, FLET'S Hikari Next, FLET'S Hikari Light or FLET'S Hikari Premium service.
* There may be cases where Hikari Denwa usage is not possible because of the usage environment, etc.
How To Apply
Members who don't yet have an NTT fiber-optic service
Apply for the Hikari Denwa service at the same time as you apply for Asahi Net's Hikari with FLET'S Course. Please find more details on the following page.
>> Hikari with FLET'S Course
Members who already have an NTT fiber-optic service
Apply for Hikari Denwa service through Asahi Net.
Please access the following page to apply.
>> Apply for Hikari Denwa service (Application page is in Japanese)
- This optional service can only be used as an additional to internet connection services. You cannot apply for this optional service by itself.
- To use the Hikari Denwa service a contract for one of NTT's FLET'S fiber-optic lines is required. In addition to Hikari Denwa service charges you will also be charged for NTT's FLET'S fiber-optic service (contract charge, initial charges, monthly charges).
- If you are using a Mansion-type NTT FLET'S fiber-optic service, a monthly charge will also be billed for a IP-Phone-capable router for the Hikari Denwa service; the monthly charge is 450 yen, excl. tax.
- Separately, a Universal Service Charge is required.
- Calls to fixed telephone lines, INS Net lines and Hikari Denwa numbers in Japan will be charged at 8 yen/3 minutes, excl. tax.
- During a power outage, it is not possible to make phone calls using Hikari Denwa, including calls to emergency numbers.
- Some telephone numbers, including those starting with 0570, cannot be dialed with the Hikari Denwa service.
- It is possible for some phone numbers currently being used on analog NTT phone lines to not be transferable to NTT's Hikari Denwa service.
- It is not possible to use some phone sets (ISDN phone ,G4FAX phone ,etc) with the Hikari Denwa service.
- To use the Hikari Denwa Number Display service, you need to have a number display compatible telephone set.
- To transfer a phone number currently being used on an analog NTT phone line to NTT's Hikari Denwa service NTT will charge a basic construction charge and a number transfer charge. For more information please refer to NTT's Web pages.