About Hikari Denwa
Hikari Denwa is an IP-Phone service which can be used together with FLET’S Hikari*1, an internet connection service using a fiber-optic line provided by NTT East/West.
The monthly basic telephone charge and call charges become cheaper comparing to an ordinary landline, allowing you to freely choose plan and options*2 depending on your needs.
- Hikari Denwa is not available with FLET’S Hikari Cross.
- Please contact NTT East/West for details of plans and options.
Hikari Denwa Features
- You can make calls for lower price (e.g., calls made within Japan is 8.8 yen every three minutes (tax included)).
- Cheaper monthly basic telephone charge (starting from 550 yen/month (tax included)).
- You can continue using the current landline phone number and device.
Optional services including Caller ID Display (Number Display) and Anonymous Call Rejection are also available with Hikari Denwa. Please contact NTT East/West for details.
How To Apply
Please apply for Hikari Denwa through NTT East/West. For service details and availability, please contact the NTT which covers your area.
|Areas covered by NTT East|
|Areas covered by NTT West|
- This service is an optional service of NTT’s FLET’S fiber-optic line. Hikari Denwa cannot be applied as a standalone service.
- You will need a contract for one of NTT’s FLET’S fiber-optic line service in order to use Hikari Denwa. In addition to the charge for Hikari Denwa, a contract fee, initial charge and monthly charge for NTT FLET’S fiber-optic line are required.
- A universal service charge is separately billed.
- When calling landline, ISN Net lines or Hikari Denwa numbers in Japan, 8.8 yen (tax included) will be charged every three minutes.
- Hikari Denwa is not available at times of power outage (including emergency calls).
- Some telephone numbers, including those starting with 0570, cannot be dialed with the Hikari Denwa service.
- There are cases where you cannot call analog NTT lines from Hikari Denwa.
- There are some phone sets including ISDN phone and F4FAX phone which do not support Hikari Denwa.
- If you wish to use Hikari Denwa Caller ID Display (Number Display), please use a phone device which supports the feature.
- If you wish to keep using the number of your current analog NTT telephone line for NTT Hikari Denwa, a basic installation fee and number transfer charge will be required. Please contact NTT East/West for details.