* All charges listed above include tax.
FLET'S ADSL is a NTT East/NTT West ADSL broadband service offering always-on connection. Asahi Net allows its members to connect to NTT's FLET'S ADSL service wherever NTT offer it in Japan. A NTT FLET'S ADSL contract is required.
ADSL is a "best-effort" service, therefore factors such as line conditions and Internet congestion may cause the speed to lower: there is no guarantee for the actual speeds that will be achieved through use of this service.
NTT West Charges
|Have a telephone line
|Don't have a telephone line
|Initial||NTT Contract Charge||880 yen||880 yen|
|NTT Initial Installation Charge||3,355 yen||2,420 yen|
|Total||4,235 yen||3,300 yen|
|Monthly||Asahi Net Monthly Charge||770 yen
|More Special (47M)||Down 44-47Mbps
|3,278 yen||5,445 yen|
|More 40 (40M)||Down 40Mbps
|3,278 yen||5,445 yen|
|More 24 (24M)||Down 24Mbps
|3,245 yen||5,412 yen|
|More (12M)||Down 12Mbps
|3,190 yen||5,335 yen|
|8M Plan||Down 8Mbps
|3,080 yen||5,225 yen|
|2,970 yen||5,005 yen|
- Type 1 line : FLET'S ADSL is placed on your existing NTT telephone line. If you have a NTT telephone line, this is the recommended service. The line can be used for telephone calls while connected to the FLET'S ADSL service.
- Type 2 line : If you don't have or don't want a NTT telephone line, apply for Type 2 line. This is a dedicated data line, allowing only ADSL communication.
Notes for English Speakers
- Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/MacOSX: If you have an English Windows or MacOSX computer, you are in luck because the software needed (PPPoE) is pre-installed. Visit our Configuration Guide to find the settings for Windows and MacOSX PPPoE. Please do not install NTT's Japanese software from their CD into your English Windows or MacOSX computer.
- Routers: If NTT has supplied you with a VoIP router-type ADSL modem, you may configure it to make the Internet connection instead of using PPPoE in your computer. Visit our Configuration Guide for how to configure the NTT VoIP router step by step, in English, with pictures. The documentation NTT supply with their routers is only available in Japanese.
- There is no English-language documentation provided by NTT for this service.
Using FLET'S ADSL at Asahi Net
Please apply for the Asahi Net FLET'S ADSL Course appropriate to the NTT FLET'S ADSL contract you have entered into.
In addition to Asahi Net membership on our FLET'S ADSL Course, a contract for a NTT FLET'S ADSL line is also required. Please contact NTT directly to inquire about getting a FLET'S ADSL line.
Call NTT East in English on 0120-565-950.
Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (closed Sat, Sun, public holidays).
Call NTT West in English on 0120-064337.
Hours:9 a.m.-5 p.m. (closed Sat, Sun, public holidays).
Asahi Net FLET'S ADSL Course and NTT Line Type
|FLET'S ADSL Course
|770 yen||FLET'S ADSL Type||Wherever NTT offers the service|
* All the above charges include tax.
Charges shown are for the FLET'S ADSL Course M Plan. For the FLET'S ADSL Course S Plan, please click the Details link.