Asahi Net, Inc.
1. Commercial activities on the Individual member's home page are restricted to those which the Individual member opening the home page is able to bear full responsibility for.
2. To clearly identify the person responsible for commercial activities on the Individual member's home page, Asahi Net email address (ending in the domain names of email.ne.jp or asahi-net.or.jp) of the member opening the home page must be clearly indicated on the home page.
This agreement shall be effective as of April 1, 2000.
*This is a translation of the original Asahi Net Individual Home Page Service Agreement in Japanese. If there is any conflict between the original and the translation, the original shall prevail.
Asahi Net Individual Home Page Service (hereinafter referred to as "the Service") is an optional service provided by Asahi Net, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") which is available only to Individual members and Family members.
1. The Company provides home page space to Individual members and Family members.
2. The Company provides home page space which can be used at no additional charge by Asahi Net Individual members and Family members, and also home page space which is subject to an additional charge. The details of these services and their prices shall be specified separately.
3. Home page production and management shall be subject to guidelines or the like which shall be described separately by the Company.
The Individual member or Family member shall bear full responsibility for the publication of his or her Individual Home Page, including responsibility for the settlement of any dispute that may arise from its publication. The member shall bear full responsibility for any loss or damage that the Company may experience due to the content of the member's home page.
The following cannot be published on an Individual Home Page:
(1) Anything for which the Individual member or Family member is not able to bear responsibility.
(2) Anything of which who shall bear responsibility for is not clarified.
(3) Anything which breaches the law or has the potential for breaching the law.
(4) Anything which brings, or has the potential to bring, disadvantage upon another member, a third party, or the Company; content which is false, inaccurate or ambiguous with the intention to mislead, deceive, or to encourage misunderstanding.
(5) Anything which is or which may be contrary to public policy or the accepted principles of morality.
(6) Anything which is fraudulent or which may be considered by the Company as unscrupulous business practice.
(7) Anything which damages trust or obstructs business operation.
(8) Any content which the Company deems inappropriate.
1. Should the Company judge an Individual Home Page to be in violation of this agreement, it may, at its own discretion and without prior notification, delete all or part of the Individual Home Page in question.
2. In case the content of an Individual Home Page has not been changed or updated for a period of six months, the Company may interpret this fact as a loss of intention to continue publication, and may delete the said home page.
3. Should the Company delete a member's Individual Home Page, it is under no obligation to reveal its reason for doing so.
For any of a variety of economic, technical, or other reasons, the Company may abolish the Service. In this eventuality, the Company shall notify members at least one month in advance.
This agreement shall become effective simultaneously with the start of Asahi Net Individual Membership Service.
* This is a translation of the original Asahi Net Individual Home Page Service Management Agreement in Japanese. If there is any conflict between the original and the translation, the original shall prevail.