I'm having trouble with my e-mail, what can I do?
1. Check that the mail server addresses are correctly set.
The mail server addresses while connected in Japan are:
Incoming mail (POP3) server : pop.asahi-net.or.jp
Outgoing mail (SMTP) server : mail.asahi-net.or.jp
For instructions about configuring email software, visit our Configuration Guide.
>> Configuration Guide - E-mail
For instructions about email when using an overseas access point, visit our Overseas Access Points page.
>> Overseas Access Points - Getting Email
2. If the problem is only when sending email, take a look at our Unable To Send Email page.
>> Unable To Send Email
3. If a large email you are attempting to downloading is sticking or taking too long,
someone may have sent you a message with a very large file attached, such as a graphic (typically a birthday or christmas card) or movie. This mail may well be blocking the downloading of other email from your mailbox to your computer. One way to find out what the file is, who sent it, and to delete it from your mailbox so that you don't have to download it is to use our Web Mail service.
>> Web Mail
(Your ASAHI Net ID and password are required)
By the way, to reduce the chance of your computer being infected with a virus, it is advisable to only open an email attachment if you were expecting to receive it. If you don't know what the attachment is, don't open it until you have contacted the person who sent it.
4. If you think your email software may be infected with a virus, take a look at our Virus Protection page.
>> Virus Protection
5. If you are getting Unsolicited Bulk Email (or "spam"), take a look at our Unsolicited Bulk Email page.
>> Unsolicited Bulk Email
6. If you have received an email scam, take a look at our Security Information page.
>> Security Information
7. If you sent an email but it was returned undelivered, take a look at our Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender page.
>> Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
8. Check our other pages for more help.
>> FAQ - Troubleshooting
>> Maintenance and Service Outage
9. Contact ASAHI Net.
>> How To Contact ASAHI Net