Asahi Mobile WiMAX
Who This Page Is For
This page is for members using the Asahi Mobile WiMAX Course or Asahi Mobile WiMAX option.
Before Making Settings
- Your Asahi Net User ID and password are not required to connect to the Asahi Mobile WiMAX service.
- Should you have purchased the communication device from Asahi Net, you will find the information you need to connect to the Asahi Mobile WiMAX service written on the device. After the device has been delivered, you should be able to connect your computer or other device to the Asahi Mobile WiMAX service straight away.
The Steps To Make The Settings
Those who have purchased a communications device from Asahi Net
Wireless Router Type (URoad-Aero/URoad-SS10/URoad-8000/URoad-7000/URoad-Home)
Please turn on the wireless router and make a wireless connection between your computer (or other device) and the wireless router. |
For the settings for your computer (or other device) click here.
|After completing the wireless LAN settings, you should be able to use the Asahi Mobile WiMAX service.|
Should you have a URoad-7000 device and its Wi-Fi lamp continues to flash red after turning it on, please refer to the How to activate the Asahi Mobile WiMAX URoad-7000 page for assistance.
USB Type (MW-U2510)
|After reading the instructions provided with the device, connect the USB device to your computer and install the WiMAX Connection Utility software.|
|After completing the WiMAX Connection Utility installation and launching it, you should be able to use the Asahi Mobile WiMAX service.|
Settings For Computer and Other Devices
- Windows Vista : How to connect to a wireless network
- Asahi Mobile WiMAX - Windows 7 Configuration - URoad Router
- Windows 8 : How to connect to a wireless network
- Android: How to connect to a wireless network
- Iphone/iPod touch: How to connect to a wireless network
- iPad: How to connect to a wireless network
Special Notes For English Speakers
- The manuals supplied with the Wi-Fi router are in Japanese. However, there is no configuration required for the Wi-Fi router.
- The installation of WiMAX Connection Utility software is required with the USB device. Only Japanese language OSs are supported with the USB device, however, on setup it is possible to choose to do the setup in English, not Japanese.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the page below for frequently asked questions about the Asahi Mobile WiMAX service.