Pre-allocation of Fixed IP Address
This service allows you to be notified of the Fixed IP address without first needing
to connect to the Internet to apply for the Fixed IP Address option. Notification of
the Fixed IP address is made by postal mail. For this service, a static (fixed) IPv4 address will be assigned.
Users of these Asahi Net Courses may apply for the Pre-allocation of Fixed IP Address service.
FLET'S Hikari Next Family Course
FLET'S Hikari Next Mansion Course
FLET'S Hikari Light Family Course
FLET'S Hikari Premium Family Course
FLET'S Hikari Premium Mansion Course
B FLET'S Family Course
B FLET'S Mansion Course
B FLET'S Basic Course
B FLET'S Business Course
FLET'S ADSL Course
FLET'S ISDN Course
|Initial Charge *1||
This charge is billed by Asahi Net. Processing fees, charges for the Course the member uses and other services the member uses will also be billed.
*1 Billed in the month of application for the Pre-allocation of Fixed IP Address service, regardless of the status of your FLET'S connection line.
* The IP address assigned will be arbitrarily assigned by Asahi Net. Members will
not be able to change the assigned fixed IP address, however, there may be
circumstances in which Asahi Net may need to change it. In such cases, Asahi Net
will contact the member at least two weeks in advance.
* Should it be found that a member's IP address has been involved in the sending of spam, in an attack on another computer, or other prohibited behaviour, the member's fixed IP address will be suspended without notice.
* Asahi Net will not support members wishing to use the fixed IP address to establish their own servers. Troubleshooting support will also not be provided.
* IP filtering is not provided as part of the service. Member should use their own equipment to do this.
* If the fixed IP address is not used for a long period of time, it may become available for others to use. If this happens, then the next time you connect, a new fixed IP address will be assigned.
* If there is a change to connection Course or line type, it will not be possible to continue using the same fixed IP address; it will be necessary to apply for a fixed IP address for that Course or line type.
Application and cancellation
It is possible to apply for the Pre-allocation of Fixed IP Address service on this page:
>> Form requesting Pre-allocation of Fixed IP Address service (Japanese-language)
Asahi Net has implemented Inbound Port 53 Blocking (IP53B).
Please refer to our Asahi Net IP53B Implementation page for details, including how to request IP53B removal.