What is Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2?
Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 allows you to conveniently make wireless-LAN connections to the Internet when outside your home, at Wi-Fi hot spots at airports, cafes or hotels, etc. and for a reasonable fixed monthly charge. If you have a Wi-Fi capable notebook PC, tablet, smartphone or other device, you can use the Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 service.
This service is powered by Wire and Wireless Co., Ltd.
Apply by 31st Jan. 2017 and get these benefits!
Merits of Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2
1. Experience broadband Wi-Fi connection while outside your home. The maximum speed possible is 300Mbps (best effort).
2. Make wireless-LAN connections to the Internet when outside your home, at Wi-Fi hot spots at airports, cafes or hotels, etc.
Major Wi-Fi Hot Spots
|Cafe/Restaurants||Starbucks, McDonald's, Renoir, etc.|
|Airports||Haneda airport, Narita airport, Itami airport, etc.|
|Buses||Limousine bus, etc.|
|Hotels||Tokyu Hotel, The New Otani, etc.|
To check the available hot spots in English, click here.
The service can be used at hot spots displaying any of these logos:
Campaign Period: Until 31st Jan. 2017
- All the above charges exclude tax.
- 1. Make your application between 1st Jan. 2017 and 31st Jan. 2017 and there will be no monthly charge in the opening month and the following month, and no cancellation charge if cancelling in the opening month or following month.
Ranked No. 1 for customer satisfaction
Asahi Net has for some time achieved no. 1 ranking in many customer satisfaction surveys, being rated highly for "quality", "line stability", "cost", "support" and other factors.
- The Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 campaign is open to those who apply for the Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 option between 1st Jan. 2017 and 31st Jan. 2017
- The Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 campaign is only available the first time the Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 option is applied for. The campaign benefits will not be made avaialble for 2nd and subsequent applications for the Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 option.
- This Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 option is for those members who currently use Asahi Net for Internet connection.
- If you are not currently an Asahi Net member and wish to use this Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 option, you may want to first consider applying for membership and then applying for this option.
- You do need a Wi-Fi capable device with which to use the Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 service.
- Should you apply for Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 you may use the basic service areas (Wi2 Wi2_club, wifi_square, UQ_Wi-Fi, mobilepoint) but will not be able to use the optional service areas (Wi2premium, Wi2premium_club). Your understanding is appreciated.
- Should you want to use the optional service areas (Wi2premium, Wi2premium_club) you will need to purchase a Option Area Ticket (Japanese page). Your understanding is appreciated.
- Please read our FAQ - Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 before applying for the Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 option.
How to apply
If you are an Asahi Net member and wish to add the Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 service to your Asahi Net account, click the link below, enter your Asahi Net User ID and password when prompted, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
How to connect
Please refer to the page below for how to make the settings required to connect to the Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the page below for frequently asked questions about the Asahi Net Wi-Fi Wi2 service.