Thank you for your interest in this service, however new applications for this service are not being accepted. Should you require a broadband Internet service, please visit our Other Services page for information about currently available Asahi Net Internet connection services.
Lite ADSL Tokai Course (1M) is offered through The Tokai Inc.
This ADSL service is available through an analog telephone line, and offers high- speed, continuous Internet connection for a fixed monthly charge. Maximum download speeds of up to 1Mbps and maximum upload speeds of up to 1Mbps will be possible. This service is suitable for those wanting to use an ADSL service at low cost.
ADSL is a "best-effort" service, therefore factors such as line conditions and Internet congestion may cause the speed to lower: there is no guarantee for the actual speeds that will be achieved through use of this service.
Using Lite ADSL Tokai at Asahi Net
Asahi Net's Lite ADSL Tokai Course is compatible with The Tokai's ADSL
Lite ADSL Tokai
(1,450 yen base)
- These charges are for Asahi Net's M Plan on each Course. The M Plan offers
always-on connection to The Tokai's ADSL service.
Other Plans are available - use the Click for details button.
- The Number of PCs is the maximum number of PCs that can be
connected at a time with this service, according
to The Tokai.
- All ADSL services are "best-effort" services, therefore factors such as line
conditions and Internet congestion may cause the
speed to lower: there is no guarantee for the actual speeds that will be achieved
through use of this service.
About line types
When making an application for this service, you will need to specify the type of
line you wish to have the service made
available on. Applicants who already have a telephone line they are using for voice
calls may wish to have ADSL made available on
that line - in which case the application will be a "Type 1" application.
- Have ADSL communication on an existing telephone line.
- The same line can be used for both voice calls and ADSL data communication.
- Type 1 applications are unacceptable where the line is used for:
In the above cases, please apply for a Type 2 line, noting that NTT installation
charges will apply. Contact NTT about their
charges for Type 2 (ADSL only) lines.
- Security services offered by security companies.
- PBX systems.
- Off-talk communication service.
With Type 1 lines there is a possibility that when incoming telephone calls are taken
the ADSL signal is cut. This can be caused
by the surge protection unit (to prevent damage caused by lightning, etc.) that
exists on the telephone line and may only be
resolved by replacement of the unit. Replacement of the unit will involve extra
charges. Furthermore, it is possible that even
with replacement the problem is not resolved: in such cases charges made for
replacement of the surge protection unit will not be
- Use a dedicated analog line allowing only ADSL data communication: voice calls
are not possible on the line.
- The standard NTT line setup fee is not applicable. Please contact NTT about their
charges for Type 2 (ADSL only) lines.
- There may be cases where it is not possible to have a Type 2 line installed.
Please contact your building administrator
before having the installation carried out.
About the ADSL modem
With the Lite ADSL Tokai Course, only rental of a router-type ADSL modem is
possible. The user is responsible for the setup of
the ADSL modem using the documentation supplied with the rental modem package.
About the router-type ADSL modem
- A 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX capable LAN card is required. A LAN cable of the "straight
type" (100Mbps capable Category 5 cable is
recommended) to connect the ADSL modem to your LAN card.
- English language documentation for setup of the router IS NOT supplied.
Note: The ADSL modem configuration screens (viewable in your
Web browser) are only available in
Japanese. If you have an English-language operating system that does not support
Japanese, this could make the configuration of
the router difficult.
- The router-type ADSL modem supplied with this service uses NAT protocol which
does not support Microsoft NetMeeting, Chat
software, on-line games, Internet telephone, Web Camera, etc. If you wish to use
these and similar applications, please do not
apply for this service.
- Macintosh computers can typically work with a router-type ADSL modem.
About the IP address
One global IP address will be assigned dynamically on connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the page below for frequently asked questions about the Lite ADSL
>> FAQ - Lite ADSL