Thank you for your interest in this service, however as of 1st August 2015, new applications in English for this service are not being accepted. Should you require the service, please make your application in Japanese here.
Asahi Net au Hikari combines Asahi Net's Internet provider connection service with KDDI's fiber-optic au Hikari service (you need both to get on the Internet).
Asahi Net can take your application (in Japanese language only) for a au Hikari fiber-optic line and pass it to KDDI. KDDI will contact you about your application and set a date on which they will open their line for you. KDDI will supply a router (Home Gateway) to which you connect your computers to get on the Internet.
3.5 million au Hikari users
There are 3.5 million users of KDDI's au Hikari services in Japan, giving KDDI a 13% share of the fiber-optic market, according to
May 2015 MMRI survey.
Click the Details button for the Course you want to find out more about charges, service content, etc.
- Giga Courses: For those living in detached houses or up to the 3rd floor of housing complexes (apartment buildings).
- Mansion Course: For those living in housing complexes (apartment buildings) into which KDDI have already installed their Mansion type equipment.
How To Apply
Currently we are not able to take applications for the au Hikari service in English due to the requirement of the company powering this service to have your information supplied to them in Japanese. If you would like to apply for a fiber-optic Internet service in English, please consider the Asahi Net Hikari with FLET'S service.
Alternatively, if you are able to communicate in Japanese, please use one of these forms to supply your contact information and a representative of our Japanese customer support team will be in touch.
au Hikari Home Application Inquiry (in Japanese)
au Hikari Mansion Application Inquiry (in Japanese)
Special Notes For English Speakers
A list of points that should be considered by English speakers and/or people using computers with English-only operating systems.
- Currently we are not able to take applications for the au Hikari service in English due to the requirement of the company powering this service to have your information supplied to them in Japanese. If you would like to apply for a fiber-optic Internet service in English, please consider the Asahi Net Hikari with FLET'S service.
- Visit our Configuration Guide page to find English-language information for how to connect to the service. There is no English-language documentation provided by KDDI for this service.
- All communication with KDDI regarding your application for this service and during consultation with you about this service will be in Japanese.
- The kaketsuke service is only available in Japanese and only computers with Japanese operating systems are supported.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the page below for frequently asked questions about the au Hikari service.
>> FAQ - au Hikari