About B FLET'S
The B FLET'S Course will allow you to connect to the Internet through an NTT FTTH line that you have either already ordered through NTT or intend to order through NTT. ASAHI Net will bill for our Internet service, NTT will bill for their FTTH line.
B FLET'S is a fiber-optic broadband service offering always-on connection. Please contact NTT for details of how to apply for a B FLET'S FTTH line and confirmation of NTT's charges, or visit their Web page (see below).
Using ASAHI Net's B FLET'S Courses
ASAHI Net's B FLET'S Courses are compatible with NTT's B FLET'S services.
ASAHI Net B FLET'S Courses / Compatible NTT services
- These charges are for ASAHI Net's M Plan on each Course. The M Plan offers always-on B FLET'S connection to NTT's B FLET'S service. Other Plans are available - click the Details button.
- The Number of PCs is the maximum number of PCs that can be connected at a time with this service, according to NTT.
>> Price comparison with other ISPs
Fixed IP Address Option
ASAHI Net's Fixed IP Address Option is available to users of the B FLET'S Course. The option is suitable for those who play on-line games, for those wanting to raise the level security of communication between offices using VPN, etc.
>> B FLET'S Course Fixed IP Address Option
A Note About FTTH
B FLET'S services are FTTH services. FTTH stands for "Fiber To The Home" and is a high-speed Internet connection provided by a fiber-optic network directly to the user's home. We are using the term "FTTH" to cover all fiber-optic connection services offered by ASAHI Net and our partners NTT East, NTT West and KDDI. These services also include Mansion-type fiber-optic services where the fiber-optic cable is supplied to the building the user lives in but may not extend directly into the user's home in that building; instead LAN cabling or telephone cabling inside the building may be used to supply the service into the user's home.
FTTH services are "best-effort" services, therefore factors including line conditions and Internet congestion will cause the speed to be lower: there is no guarantee for the actual speeds that will be achieved through use of these services.
Special Notes for English Speakers
Here is a list of points that should be considered by English speakers and/or people using computers with English-only operating systems.
- Windows XP/Windows Vista/MacOSX: If you have an English Windows XP, Windows Vista or MacOSX computer, you are in luck because the software needed (PPPoE) is pre-installed. Visit our Configuration Guide to find the settings for Windows XP, Windows Vista and MacOSX PPPoE. Please do not install NTT's Japanese software from their CD into your English Windows XP, Windows Vista or MacOSX.
- Routers: If NTT has supplied you with a VoIP router, you may configure it to make the Internet connection instead of using PPPoE in your computer. Visit our Configuration Guide for how to configure the NTT VoIP router step by step, in English, with pictures. The documentation NTT supply with their routers is only available in Japanese.
- Older PC's: If you have an older English Windows or Mac computer, you may find it to be easier to connect it to a PPPoE router (provided by NTT or your own). Finding and installing your own PPPoE software in your computer is also an option, however, we can not support third party software, particularly if it is no longer being supported by their makers. Please do not install NTT's Japanese software from their CD into your English computer. Visit our Configuration Guide for more information.
- There is no English-language documentation provided by NTT for this service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the page below for frequently asked questions about the B FLET'S
>> FAQ - B FLET'S, FLET'S Hikari Next, FLET'S Hikari Light, FLET'S Hikari Premium