|WEB MAIL / SITE MAP / JAPANESE
Internet Service Provider in Japan - English Signup and English Customer Service
|Membership agreements > ASAHI Net Personal Information Protection Policy|
ASAHI Net Personal Information Protection Policy
ASAHI Net, Inc.
1. With regard to the handling of personal information (meaning
information about a living individual by which a specific individual can be
identified; the same applies below), we vow to strictly comply with the
obligations set forth in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information
(hereinafter called "the Personal Information Protection Act"), other
relevant laws and regulations relating to personal information protection
and the guidelines of the competent minister as well as this policy.
2. We will handle personal information about a customer only within the scope of the purpose of use described below, unless otherwise agreed in advance by the customer or unless otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations:
3. When acquiring personal information, we will acquire it by proper
means, and except as otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations, we will
publicly announce the purpose of use in advance of the acquisition or
notify the concerned customer of or publicly announce the purpose of use
promptly after the acquisition. However, when acquiring personal
information directly from a customer in writing, we will expressly show the
customer the purpose of use in advance.
4. We will endeavor to keep personal data (meaning personal
information constituting a personal information database, etc., and a
personal information database, etc. means an assembly of information which
includes personal information and is designated by laws and regulations as
being systematically arranged in a way that specific personal information
can be easily@retrieved, such as an electronic database and a register of
socially prominent people; the same applies below) accurate and up-to-date
within the scope of the purpose of use, and take necessary and appropriate
measures for security control of the personal data and for supervision of
employees and subcontractors.
5. We will not provide personal information to third parties, except in the following cases:
6. When we are requested by a customer to disclose or correct, etc.
the personal data we retain (meaning such personal data over which we have
the authority to disclose or correct, etc., excluding the data which is
specified by a Cabinet Order as harming public or other interests if its
presence or absence is known and the data which will be erased within 6
months), we will respond to the request in accordance with laws and
7. We will endeavor to deal quickly and appropriately with complaints
from customers regarding our handling of personal information and to
improve our internal system for it.
We may review and revise this policy from time to time. Any revision will be notified on this Website.
ASAHI Net, Inc.